Health & Welness mountain accommodation in Slovakia
If you are looking for peaceful mountain accommodation in unspoiled environment close to National Park in north part of Slovakia in beautiful nature, where you can breathe deeply and feel your body filling with the purest of air and where you can drink the water that bubbles from the springs and feel as if reborn. We welcome, you are in the right place!
You can experience the magic of the Tatras mountains, the most beautiful and authentic area in Slovakia, with many choices of outdoor activities for every season available nearby. Take part in the local culture and the silence of your own being and relaxation, and, of course, respect and care for nature and the community we are a part of, is fundamental to all that we offer.
- You are welcome to book just accommodation and meals (made by the local products), or together with us design a tailor-made programme of activities for you stay.
- With our wide range of activities and flexible approach in designing your programme, your needs and interests will be well catered for.
- It is an ideal getaway for small groups, families or couples.
- Our space can also be booked for small conferences or group retreats. Special things to do and see here we offer a range of activities that make the most out of the changing seasons of the north and offer opportunities for friendship and fun.
WINTER brings a wonderful snowy landscape with opportunities for skiing, dog-sledging, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding, ski mountaineering, sleigh rides and igloo building. Cosy indoor activities with handicrafts or Christmas themes are also available. Traditional wooden cross-country skis and snowshoes for exploring the wilderness and kick-sleds are available to rent.
SUMMER, SPRING, AUTUMN bring explosion of wild herbs and flowers. August is the season for wild berry and mushroom harvesting. Late-May to early October is an ideal season for walking, hiking, cycling, horse riding, rafting, climbing, fishing. The autumn is one of the best area to see foliage.
- From €15 (GB £12) low season, no meal.
- From €25 (GB £20) per person per night in double rooms, half- board.
Transfers are available on request.
- The guesthouse is located close to a small village (The first written record dates back to 1588), well off the beaten tourist track and surrounded by expansive forests, untouched rivers. The guesthouse is a timber building built with environmentally sustainable living in mind.
- We provide comfortable accommodation in 2 and 3 bed rooms and family suites. Each room has bathroom with toilet, TV / SAT, refrigerator and Wi-Fi. Some rooms have their own balcony. Pleasant, guests can spend time with cup of coffee with fireplace or in the beautiful surroundings in the vicinity or in the sitting area. There is a dining hall with a fireplace, and quiet corners for reflection, relaxation and wellness. It’s possible to rent the entire house for your private use or to rent just one of the bedrooms.
- The guesthouse provides a calm and peaceful atmosphere and fits in well with the surrounding nature and community.
- Meals and snacks are freshly prepared with the highest quality, organic, and local ingredients available. Occasionally, with advance request, local wild or semi wild meat or fish may be offered.
- We create meals that build and balance the body and satisfy the senses. Root vegetables, grains and pulses form the basis of most meals. Occasionally, local wild meat or fish may be offered. Small amounts of imported produce add variety. Coffee, tea and chocolate are fair-trade. We happily accommodate those with special diets with creatively prepared, fresh food.
- Meals at the retreat guesthouse are lovingly prepared with over 90% organic ingredients. The guesthouse has its own organic garden which provides herbs and a portion of the root vegetables used in the kitchen. Grown under the midnight sun, the herbs and vegetables are full of great flavour and high in life energy.
- Bicycles or skiing, cross-country skiing and climbing equipments are available to rent.
- There are options for day trips for those that would like to explore on their own or with a guide. Gems of old forest and historic and traditional sites from Orava Castle (Nosferatus Castle filmed in 1921), Open-Air Musem of traditional village architecture, Caves, Traditional Sheep farm, Orava Damm and farming cultures can be sought out nearby. Many charming & authentic small villages and beautiful natural areas are within a couple of hours journey.
WELLNESS & HEALTH
- We often arrange for an evening bath in a wood fired sauna. We can also arrange for massage therapy and private or group fitness classes or yoga classes.